Monday, May 19, 2014

Mountain Bike Monday - Critters Everywhere!

Mountain Biking may 18, 2014

We hit the trails yesterday with MBM, but before that we had a picnic lunch at the park with his girls, our little adopted nieces as we call them!

The trio

It's nice to have our Trio back. Life gets so busy that it can be hard to coordinate schedules.

Mountain Biking may 18, 2014

I broke out the Spot Single Speed again for the ride and was excited to give it another spin on the trails. And, he didn't disappoint!

Mountain Biking may 18, 2014

It was a great ride that really worked every muscle in my body! I rode just as fast and maybe faster than on the Mutt!

Mountain Biking may 18, 2014

What an adventurous ride! MBM had said that he was sort on snake sightings this year! Well, not any longer! We were riding along and I happened to look down and saw this big black snake just crawling next to me on the trail. I hollered "Snake on the left!!!" Eek!!!!

Mountain Biking may 18, 2014

And, then we saw a baby possum running down the trail dazed and confused! He was no bigger than my hand!

Mountain Biking may 18, 2014

He looked so friendly and cute until we got up close to snap the pic. Then, he showed his teeth! That's definitely a first for us...seeing a possum!



Then, we decided to venture onto the red trail since it had been a long while. MBM had never experienced the red, so it was a good time to explore! Right away we saw this guy curled up sunning...

Mountain Biking may 18, 2014

He had crazy blue and white hazy eyes! Creepy!!! I was about to turn around. 2 snakes and a possum was enough. They told me we could switch trail leaders and to hang in there! So, I did. Luckily the only other thing we saw was a mole running on the red trail!




No comments: